A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavour Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems when ingested. It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
- Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavour entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Blends well with Basil, Cardamom, or Spearmint.
- Dilute oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside.
- Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive: Dilute one drop in 125 ml of liquid.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
- Supports healthy digestion when taken in a capsule
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling